Dollar Store Clay Pot Love Bugs Craft For Kids
Use mostly Dollar Store supplies to make this adorable Clay Pot Love Bugs Craft for kids. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Simple Dollar Store clay pots and doilies create the cutest Valentine’s Day love bugs! This is such a cute Valentine’s Day craft you could make with your kids and bring out every year as a Valentine’s Day decoration. Such a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day With Kids.
And really, aren’t those googly eyes the best? The googly eyes transform an already cute craft into something truly adorable.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Clay Pots, 2.5” – Dollar Store
- Chenille Stems, Tinsel – Dollar Store
- Pom Poms, Tinsel, Large and Small – Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Paper Doilies – Dollar Store
- Rhinestones, Heart Shaped – Dollar Store
- Craft Paint – Light Pink, Hot Pink and Red
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Pencil with new Eraser
- Black Marker
How to make the Terra Pot Love Bugs
1. Gather all supplies. Remove the paper tag from the clay pots. Base coat one clay pot in each color, red, hot pink and light pink. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
2. Cut the chenille stem into four-inch sections, bend in half and then attach a large pom pom to each end with a glue gun and glue sticks.
3. Add a face to the love bug with wiggle eyes, a small pom pom nose and then draw on a smile. Accent mouth with cheeks created by dipping a new pencil eraser in the paint.
4. Create wings by cutting a triangle from each circular doily with scissors. Gather the opposite end and attach to back of love bug with the glue gun.
5. Attach a heart shaped rhinestone to each love bug with the glue gun. Accent the base of each love bug with contrasting polka dots created by dipping a new pencil eraser in the paint.
This is a fun activity to keep the kiddos busy with counting and motor skills. Create these cute love bugs in just about 30 minutes!
Check out these fun VAlentine’s Day Crafts too!
- Pom Pom Love Bugs
- Craft Stick Love Bugs
- Melted Bead Heart Suncatchers
- Paper Plate Heart Craft
- Puzzle Piece Heart Craft
- Cotton Ball Heart Painting
- Plastic Egg Love Bug Craft