Adorable Chick Nutter Butter Easter Dessert Idea
You may not normally think about Nutter Butter’s as a cookie choice, but oh my goodness… These little Nutter Butter chicks are so incredibly cute! If you are looking for a fun and easy Easter dessert idea, this is an idea your kids will go nuts for (pun totally intended).
Easter activities don’t have to be complicated. Fun activities with your kids don’t have to be complicated either. This dessert idea would be great for a party too!
Chick decorated Nutter Butters
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 2 (12 ounce) packages yellow candy melts wafers
- Yellow sparkling sugar
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange and yellow Mini M&M candies
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Drop cookie into melted candy and turn to coat completely. Remove cookie from candy with candy dipping scoop, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess chocolate to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick.
- Slide the coated cookie onto the baking sheet. Immediately decorate with sugar sprinkles and candy. Tip: Using a toothpick and/or sterilized tweezers makes placing small candy easier.
- Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container as room temperature.
Didn’t they turn out super cute? They would be too cute to eat if it weren’t for the fact that they are drenched in chocolate. Yummy!