Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
I know that is isn’t necessary to make every moment of my daughter’s life ‘magical.’ However, making fairy dust is such a simple and fun activity I just had to start the tradition with Sweet Pea. I can hardly think of a more whimsical way to welcome the arrival of Spring. Read on to find out how easy it is to make fairy dust and I hope you try this, as well as other activities for toddlers.
Activities for Toddlers: Making Fairy Dust
I actually got the idea to make fairy dust from my sister, who has does so many whimsical and enchanting activities with her daughter. So, starting this year, Sweet Pea and I will welcome Spring and christen our lawn with this special concoction… and who knows? Maybe by spreading fairy dust, a few fairies might actually show up and play this year!
How to Make Fairy Dust:
- Fill a bowl 3/4 full with flour.
- Add a container of sprinkles (or jimmies if you prefer).
- Add glitter. We chose three colors of glitter.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
What do you do with the Fairy Dust once you make it?
- Grab some scoops and measuring cups.
- Head outside!
- At first I had to show Sweet Pea how to spread the fairy dust around the yard. She just wanted to dump flour on the lawn.
- However, once I demonstrated how to scatter the flour around the yard, she got the hang of it.
- Try to spread the fairy dust all around the yard. After all, you never know where the fairies will pop up!
Isn’t that easy? Doesn’t it sound like fun? We really had a great time playing around and I know we will welcome Spring by making fairy dust next year too!
Are you enchanted by fairies? Check out these ideas for creating fairy gardens and other outdoor play ideas:
Thanks for reading and Happy Spring!