Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
How would you like an idea for a super cute and easy craft your kids can create on Thanksgiving morning in between Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Puppy Bowl? Well, Sweet Pea and I loved making these super easy pom pom toilet paper roll turkey crafts for kids. The entire craft took less than 20 minutes and also is great at combining sorting skills, color matching, and fine motor skill activities. Read on to see how we made these cute little turkeys!
Pom Pom Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Crafts for Kids
Affiliate links included for your convenience.
What you will need:
- 1 paper plate (technically 1/2 paper plate)
- 1 toilet paper roll
- craft glue
- markers (black, red, orange, yellow, purple, blue)
- 1 set of googly eyes
- pom poms (red, orange, yellow, purple, blue). We used various sizes
- small piece of yellow or orange craft foam
- small piece of red craft foam
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Draw the turkey ‘feather’ sections on the paper plate half. To ensure they are relatively symmetrical, start by drawing a ‘V’ in the center of the paper plate half. Then, draw a line in the middle of each of the side sections on either side of the ‘V.’
- Color each of the five sections with a different color.
- Place the toilet paper roll on the paper plate where you will end up gluing it. Draw an outline of the toilet paper roll with the black marker. Then color it in enough that it will be clear to your kid where to stop gluing pom poms.
How to Make the Turkey:
- Sort the pom poms into the different colors.
- Squeeze craft glue onto the sections one by one and let you kid stick the appropriate color pom pom onto the paper plate. Take care not to stick pom poms in the black shaded section.
- Cut out the turkey beak and giblet from the yellow/orange and red craft foam.
- Glue the googly eyes, beak, and giblet to the toilet paper roll.
- Note: we just used a ‘naked’ toilet paper roll. However, if you want to take it up a notch, you can measure and glue a sheet of brown construction paper around the toilet paper roll. If you decide to do this, you should do it before the rest of the craft and let it dry.
- Glue the turkey body (toilet paper roll) to the shaded area of the plate.
- Let your turkey dry.
Isn’t this turkey cute?
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday and that you can create some great memories with simple crafts for kids!
Thanks for reading,