Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
We love music in our house. Seriously. We love to sing, to dance, to be silly.. all of it. Part of it is because I am a musician. Part of it is because I had so many great memories of singing great songs as a kid. The wonderful thing about giving the gift of music is that it is a shared experience. You can listen to it together at home, in the car, or anywhere else you go. Also, music makes a great gift because music cd’s are relatively small and inexpensive. So, you could bundle a few for a great and inexpensive under the tree gift. Or, the cd’s make a great stocking stuffer. Finally, music cd’s make a great gift because many of them fall under the $10 gift giving limit for holiday parties. The thing is.. there are so many different types of children’s music that are fantastic. How do you know that your kid will love what you give? How do you know the music cd won’t make you want to pull your hair out?
Great news! I have curated great music gift ideas for your holiday gift giving list! Check out these 30 music gifts. Also, I am happy to be teaming with about 80 other bloggers to bring our readers a great comprehensive gift guide for many types of ages and categories of gifts. Take a second to check out their gift guides as well!
Children’s Music Gifts
Affiliate links included for your convenience.
I can personally recommend each of these music cd’s. We regularly listen to them and love them. If you are interested in a particular cd or a similar type of music, just click on the picture and it will take you to an Amazon site. Also, most, if not all of these cd’s are also available for digital download if you prefer that method.
I have a love/hate relationship with Little People music cd’s. They are not exactly Barney, but I would not listen to them in the car by myself either. However, clearly this is not all about me as a Mom. The reason I am leading with Little People music cd’s is because they are absolutely my daughter’s favorite music… and they have been for almost 2 years. She asks for ‘her’ music. She sings along to the cd’s. We dance to this music with abandon.
- Little People ‘Get Up and Dance!’
- Little People ’50 Sing-Along Classics’
- Little People ‘Songs and Games for the Road’
- Little People ‘Silly Songs’
- Little People ‘Sunday School Sing-Along’
Right now I think I might be Laurie Berkner’s biggest fan. I cannot tell you how much we love Laurie Berkner’s music. Her music is happy music and it is a great cross-over between kid pleaser (Sweet Pea loves Laurie Berkner too) and fun for Mom and Dad.
- The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band: This is my favorite Laurie Berkner album. We Are the Dinosaurs is the runaway favorite. However, Victor Vito always makes me want to sing loud with the windows rolled down. We get a lot of laughs from Pig On Her Head as well.
- The Ultimate Laurie Berkner Band: This is a great album too! My favorite song is Party Day!
- Laurie Berkner’s Favorite Classic Kid’s Songs: This is Laurie Berkner’s newest album and I imagine it will be in Sweet Pea’s stocking this year.
- A Laurie Berkner Christmas
Elizabeth Mitchell is amazing. I listen to her even when my daughter is not in the car. This music is the very definition of happy music. Happy Music! I think my personal theme song is You Are My Sunshine. Right now, my 3-year old isn’t as into Elizabeth Mitchell as I am… however, she will be a fan someday. You simply cannot listen to this music and not be happy!
- You Are My Sunshine: The best. This might be my favorite musical album of all time. After You Are My Sunshine, you will also love Ladybug Picnic, Alphabet Dub, and Froggy Went A Courtin.
- You Are My Little Bird: Another great album from Elizabeth Mitchell. Favorite tracks include Three Little Birds and Peace Like a River.
- Sunny Day
- The Sounding Joy
Raffi is probably considered the King of Children’s Music and it is easy to see why… his songs are so happy and great for kids of all ages!
- The Singable Songs Collection
- Quiet Time
- Raffi’s Box of Sunshine
Other Incredible Children’s Music
- Jack Johnson and Friends: Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies for the film Curious George: You will recognize a few of these songs from the radio but the album is great for calming your little ones down. Very relaxing music.
- For the Kids: This album is super awesome. A compilation of children’s music performed by famous pop music groups. Cake starts the album off with Mahna Mahna (yep, from the Muppets) and other favorite tracks include Sing and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Jewel: Lullaby: I think this might be my favorite collection of lullaby songs.
- Veggie Tales- 25 Favorite Christmas Songs
- Veggie Tales- 25 Favorite Sunday School Songs
- NOW That’s What I Call Disney: Great classic Disney songs from many of the classic movies.
- Disney Princess: Fairy Tale Songs: If your kid wants more princess, you can’t get much better than this compilation.
- Bert & Ernie’s Greatest Hits
- Sesame Street Old School Volume 1 (3-CD set)
- Kenny Loggins: Return to Pooh Corner: If you didn’t grow up in the 80’s you may not have heard of this great album with its famous ode to Winnie the Pooh. Great songs!
- They Might Be Giants: Here Come the A, B, C’s: They Might Be Giants is not just great at dishing out impromptu history lessons (Istanbul not Constantinople) but apparently they have created some fantastic kid’s music as well!
- They Might Be Giants: Here Comes Science
- Walt Disney: Children’s Favorites
- Disney Silly Songs
Thanks for checking out this gift guide. I hope you find something great for your kids. Click below for the rest of the gift guides too!
Thanks for reading and Merry shopping!