Glowing Jack-O-Lantern Slime Jar
Ramp up the fun with this super spooky glowing Jack-O-Lantern Slime Jar. Your kids will really love this activity this Halloween!
You know you just have to make slime for Halloween, right? I mean, spooky and messy… they kind of go hand-in-hand. This Jack-O-Lantern Slime Jar is absolutely perfect for a Halloween sensory activity.
It isn’t super hard to make this slime either. And the best part is it glows in the dark! So, it really is messy.. and spooky!
Check out the full tutorial below.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- 1 (8 ounce) plastic storage jar (this one is the perfect size!)
- 2 (6 ounce) bottles Elmer’s Glue in glow in the dark orange (You only need about 1 ½ bottles)
- About ¼ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid) Or use this great slime activator!
For the jar, you will also need:
- black cardstock or construction paper, 1 sheet
- green cardstock or construction paper, 1 sheet
- 1 green chenille stem
- 1 green 1-inch pom poms
- Glue stick, glue dots, or hot glue
How to make the jack-O-Lantern slime:
1. Empty the glue into a large bowl.
2. Fill the empty glue bottles about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into the bowl with glue and stir to combine.
3. Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well until the slime becomes a ball.
5. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
6. Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
make the slime the jar:
1. Cut the templates from the black cardstock.
2. Trace the circumference of the lid on a piece of green construction paper. Cut it out. Glue to the top of the lid.
3. Cut a strip from the green construction paper that is ½ inch by 9 inches. Attach this to the rim of the lid using glue.
4. Twist the chenille stem around a pen of pencil. Remove the chenille stem from the pen and bend in the middle. Attach the middle to the center of the jar’s lid. Then, glue the pom pom over the chenille stem.
5. Attach the facial features to the jar as well as the hair to the lid.
6. Put as much slime as will fit into the jar and seal to close.
And don’t forget to try out this spooky slime at night! It glows in the dark!
Check Out These Halloween Themed Science activities Too!
- Spooky Science Experiments for Kids
- Apple Volcano Science Experiment
- Witch’s Brew Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Vampire Blood Slime
- Oozing Eyes Slime
- 20 Candy Science Experiments
- Apple and Pumpkin Science Experiments