Handwashing Cheat Sheet Printable (Great For Teaching Kids!)
This handwashing cheat sheet printable is a great way to teach your kids the importance of hand washing and good hygiene.
Why is it so hard to convince young kids to wash their hands? I mean, come on.. right?! Many parents struggle with this particular lesson is personal hygiene. Next to flushing the toilet, it seems handwashing was the most difficult habit to teach our daughter when she was a toddler and preschooler.
And handwashing is such an important skill. Apart from the fact that it is so gross to have dirty hands… during cold and flu season, handwashing is literally the difference between life and death for so many people. Sorry for being dramatic… but this lesson couldn’t be more clear than recently.
So, how do you teach handwashing to kids?
I love this printable handwashing cheat sheet precisely because it breaks down why and how to wash hands in a very clear but comprehensive manner.
- Wet hand and apply soap.
Wash hands palm to palm.
Back of hands.
Focus on thumbs.
Focus on wrists.
Dry hands with paper towels.
When to wash your hands
I love that this cheat sheet also educates kids on all the times they should be washing their hands. Times like:
- When you leave the house
- When you enter the house
- After using the toilet
- After blowing your nose
- Before and after handling food
- Before eating
- After touching an animal
- After teaching garbage or dirt
- Before and after treating a cut/wound
What should you not do to promote good hygiene
- Touch eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Prepare or eat food and drinks with unwashed hands
- Blow your nose, cough, or sneeze into hands and then touch other people’s hands or common objects
Download Handwashing Cheat Sheet Now for FREE!
This is a great resource you can print out and hang on your refrigerator, in an office, or in a classroom. Even though it is simple enough for kids to understand, it is also a great reminder for adults.
Or, click on this photo to download!
Check out these related posts too!
- How to Make a Family Emergency Plan
- How Kids Can Build Community During Times of Isolation
- Mom Bucks Reward System
- FREE Educational Resources that are really helpful for kids!