70 Ideas for a Family Fun Bucket List
Wow! This is a great list. 70 fantastic ideas for a family fun bucket list. Your family will never be bored now!
Making a bucket list is a great way to plan fun activities for the entire family. But coming up with bucket list ideas for your family can sometimes be difficult. If you’d love to start brainstorming ideas for your family’s bucket list, but don’t know where to start, I’m here to help! These 70 ideas for a family fun bucket list has something for everyone in your family.
What is a Bucket List?
A bucket list is a list of activities, goals, or things you must do before you die. The name stems from the phrase “kick the bucket.” There are a variety of types of bucket lists you can make – from travel bucket list to seasonal bucket lists.
And while many people use bucket lists to guide their overarching life goals, you can also create bucket lists to help you enjoy the little things in life. The ideas on this list are aimed at helping your family create fun memories together and take the time to celebrate the simple things that make you and your family members happy.
Family Fun Bucket List Ideas
Help your family enjoy some of the simpler things in life by creating a bucket list that outlines easy activities everyone in the family will love to do. These simple family fun bucket list ideas are a great way to spend some quality time together as a family while having fun at the same time.
- Make a new recipe together.
- Have a marathon of your favorite movie series (Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.)
- Read a book series together as a family.
- Learn about your heritage and create a family tree.
- Learn a new language as a family.
- Build an epic fort in the living room.
- Make a scrapbook of your family’s favorite memories.
- Draw family portraits together.
- Create a family movie with videos you have recorded over the years.
- Have a family game night.
- Learn a magic trick.
- Go screen free for the day.
- Volunteer together as a family.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Try a new food no one in the family has eaten.
- Make your own ice cream.
- Go bowling together as a family.
- Visit a skating rink and roller skate together.
- Learn a new musical instrument.
- Create a new game for your family to play together.
- Redecorate a room in the house as a family.
- Declutter the house and donate unwanted items to those in need.
- Make homemade pizza.
Outdoor Activities for Your Bucket List
Spending time outdoors is another simple way to enjoy the company of your family. And there are so many fun activities you and your kids can do together outside! Enjoy the beautiful weather and head outside with these fun outdoor activities to add to your family bucket list:
- Go for a hike on a nearby trail.
- Go camping at a campsite or in your backyard.
- Plant a family garden.
- Go fishing together.
- Pick berries, apples, peaches, or pumpkins together.
- Go to a carnival or fair.
- Look for constellations in the sky on a clear night.
- Go ice skating.
- Fly a kite.
- Plant a tree.
- Splash in the puddles after a rain storm.
- Find a rainbow in the sky after it rains.
- Have an outdoor movie night.
- Go sledding in the winter.
- Build a snow fort in the backyard.
- Watch a sunrise and/or sunset.
- Go geocaching.
- Set up a sprinkler in your yard and run through it.
- Catch fireflies in a jar.
- Buy a sweet treat from an ice cream truck.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Go horseback riding.
- Host a neighborhood block party
Family Travel Bucket List Ideas
Traveling together is a great way to enjoy time with your family. And creating a bucket list together helps you come up with fun and unique ideas for family trips that everyone will love. If your family loves to travel, add some of these simple family bucket list ideas to your list:
- Swim in the ocean.
- Travel to a foreign country.
- Visit a historic location you’ve never seen before.
- Visit a famous national park or landmark.
- Check out the location of your family’s favorite movie or book.
- Take a trip to a city or country that is part of your family heritage.
- Visit interesting spots in your own city.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Visit an aquarium or zoo.
- Take a road trip.
- Build a sand castle.
- Visit somewhere no one in your family has ever been.
- Go on a train ride.
- Visit as many museums as you can.
- Take a tour of a historical location.
- Climb a mountain.
- Watch your family’s favorite sports team live.
- Go to a concert together.
- Watch a play as a family.
- Watch fireworks together.
- Go ziplining.
- Visit every state in the U.S.
- Go on a factory tour of one of your family’s favorite products.
- Spend the day at an amusement park.