52 journaling prompts to Get You Started
Getting started with journaling can be tricky if you don’t know what to write about. I’ve put together a list of 52 journaling prompts to help get you started!
Getting started with journaling can be kind of tricky. Especially if you aren’t sure what you want to write about. To make it easier, I’ve put together a list of 52 prompts to help get you started! You can make this the theme for the week, or use it for a weekly journal entry!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Here’s your list of great journaling prompts!
1. Create a list of things you’re thankful for.
2. Name an animal whose characteristics you admire.
3. What was your childhood dream and why?
4. Write about a day you’d like to forget.
5. What is the hardest truth you’ve ever learned?
6. Describe your perfect vacation.
7. What’s something beautiful in your life right now?
8. Make up an alter ego for yourself.
9. How would you describe the perfect day?
10. What is your favorite time of day? Why?
11. The last time you celebrated something.
12. A skill you want to learn.
13. Something you want to change about yourself.
14. What is your relationship like with various members of your family?
15. What brings you joy?
16. A word that you want to describe your future life.
17. What is one goal you’ve achieved?
18. What keeps you up at night worrying?
19. Who are the people you admire the most? Why?
20. Write a letter to someone that upset you.
21. What’s something you’re good at? What makes you good at it?
22. How do you spend your money?
23. Describe the place where you are the happiest.
24. What do you enjoy most about your favorite hobby?
25. What kind of day are you having?
Check out these thought provoking prompts too
26. Write about a time in your life when you struggled with a choice and made the right one.
27. Write about a lost friendship.
28. If you could invent one thing to make your life easier, what would it be?
29. What is something you admire about yourself? Why?
30. Write a letter to teenage you.
31. Create a list of places you’d like to visit one day.
32. A list of things you love about your kids or spouse.
33. Write a letter to your older self.
34. What are your most prized possessions?
35. What is your favorite recipe?
36. Who is someone you miss?
37. Write a thank-you note to a friend.
38. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
39. What is your favorite song?
40. Write down the things you wished you had said to someone who has passed away.
41. What scares you?
42. What is the best gift you could receive?
43. Name a book that spoke to you on a personal level. Why?
44. What is something you have in your life that is in excess?
45. If I could give one piece of advice to any person in history, that advice would be __.
46. What is a book you wish someone would write?
47. Write out the best or the worst day of your life.
48. List all the things you think you SHOULD do, that you don’t want to do.
49. What needs to happen this month?
50. Write down confessions of your deep down secrets that you can’t tell anyone.
51. Describe a dream that you had recently.
52. Which character from a book would you most like to meet and why?
I hope this list has given you some ideas on what to write about and how to get started journaling!