Pinterest Success: Peppermint Patty Brownies!
How would you like the secret to one of the easiest, most crowd-pleasing recipes I have discovered in quite a long time? Ladies, may I introduce you to the Peppermint Patty Brownies! I first discovered this recipe on Pinterest via the fantastic foodie blog, Sugar Dish Me. You can find the original recipe here: http://www.sugardishme.com/2013/01/29/york-peppermint-brownies-remixed/.
Since first pinning the recipe, I have whipped these beauties up countless times and they have gained such a reputation that now I get requests to bring them to church and work potlucks on a regular basis. The thing is, I kind of feel like it is cheating because they are sooooo easy to make. Heather at Sugar Dish Me has a great link for a from-scratch brownie recipe. However, usually I am dealing with a teeny tiny window of ‘free’ time and need a recipe that I can whip up in less than 10 minutes, even if I am dead tired. This recipe does the trick! I hope you too enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
Peppermint Patty Brownies
Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix (yep… a mix. I like the one with the fudge packet, not the one with the chips)
16 Mini Peppermint Patties
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease 8×8 pan (I used a metal pan but I am sure a pyrex pan would work too)
- Prepare brownie batter according to instructions
- Spread about half of the batter evenly in the pan. Make sure to cover the entire bottom of the pan but don’t use too much.
- Unwrap the Peppermint Patties and place them in the pan, evenly spacing them.
- Cover Peppermint Patties with remaining brownie batter, ensuring the batter covers the tops of every piece of candy.
- Bake for 30 minutes (note: this is probably either a different time or a different temperature from what is on the mix box).
- Cool and eat!
Makes 16 Brownies
Hi Sara! So glad you love these brownies! I could totally use one right now.
Thanks and nice to meet you! I love your site. So many yummy recipes… so little time!