This Shimmer and Shine Slime is so much fun to make and really sparkly. If you have a Shimmer and Shine fan you will want this slime recipe!
What is it with slime?
Perhaps it is the sheer fun of making something that is acceptably messy, but not so messy that you have to spend a lot of time cleaning up. Maybe it is the fact that there are so many different varieties of super fun slime you can create!
Well, we are pretty happy with this Shimmer and Shine Slime. My 5 year old daughter loves Shimmer and Shine and pretending she is a genie, etc… So, of course this slime recipe is just about perfect! I love how this turned out!
Affiliate links included for your convenience.
Shimmer and Shine Slime!
What you need to make the slime:
- Clear Glue, 5 ounces
- Sta Flo Liquid Starch
- Liquid Watercolors: Blue and Magenta
- Two Eye Droppers
- Glitter: Blue and Magenta– 3 or 4 ounces each (a small canister of glitter each)
- Mixing Bowl
- Spoon (to stir with)
How to Make Shimmer and Shine Slime:
- Squeeze the entire contents of the 5 ounce clear glue bottle into a mixing bowl.
- Use an eye dropper to add blue liquid watercolor until you have the desired color. Mix the watercolor with the glue.
- Add the blue glitter. Dump the entire small canister of blue glitter into the glue and watercolor mix. Mix well.
- Add between 1/2 to 3/4 cup of liquid starch a little bit at a time. Tip: Definitely go slow with the liquid starch. You don’t want to add too much and the exact amount will depend on how much glue and watercolor you added.
- When you first start adding the liquid starch, you can mix with a spoon. However, very soon you will want to ditch the spoon and use your hands to knead the slime until it starts to take shape.
- Once the slime starts to set, shape it into a round-ish blob and just spend 20-30 minutes kneading it more. At first the slime will be fairly wet, but as you knead it the moisture will make the slime really elastic y… and really fun to play with. The blue glitter slime looks like smurf poop (or so I imagine. ha)!
- Once you have made the blue slime, repeat the process for the magenta (pink) slime. We used magenta instead of pink because I think magenta is closer to the colors for Shimmer and Shine.
- After both the blue and magenta slimes have been made, you can combine then by letting the slime become stringy and then ‘braiding’ them. I will tell you though that after you mix the slimes and play with them for a while, the two colors will combine into a dark purple slime that kind of looks like a galaxy slime. Cool!
Want more? Here are some more awesome slime recipes and ideas!
- Frozen Slime from Beauty in the Mess: https://beautyinthemess.com/frozen-slime-recipe/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Unicorn Slime from The Best Ideas for Kids: https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/unicorn-slime/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Mermaid Slime from Mama Smiles- Joyful Parenting: https://www.mamasmiles.com/mermaid-birthday-party-five-year-old/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Bubbling Slime for Sensory Tubs from Epic Fun for Kids: https://epicfunforkids.com/bubbling-slime-recipe-sensory-tubs/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Soft and Fluffy Slime for Sensory Seekers from Lemon Lime Adventures: http://lemonlimeadventures.com/soft-fluffy-slime-sensory-seekers-will-love/
- 2 Ingredient WOW Slime from 123Homeschool4Me: http://www.123homeschool4me.com/2016/05/2-ingredient-wow-slime-recipe.html
- Wine and Slime Party (fun for adults too!) from Ruffles and Rainboots: http://rufflesandrainboots.com/2017/05/wine-and-slime-party.html/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Slime that Glows from Lalymom!: http://lalymom.com/how-to-make-slime-glows-2-ingredients/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Heat Sensitive Color Changing Slime from Left Brain Craft Brain: https://leftbraincraftbrain.com/heat-sensitive-color-changing-slime/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Google Eye Monster Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands: http://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/google-eye-monster-slime-recipe-kids/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- 3-Ingredient Color Changing Edible Silly Putty from The Soccer Mom Blog: https://thesoccermomblog.com/edible-silly-putty/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Ghost Slime from Preschool Powol Packets: http://preschoolpowolpackets.blogspot.com/2016/08/chemistry-for-kids-ghost-slime.html?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Bubble Bath Slime from Teaching Mama: https://teachingmama.org/bubble-bath-slime/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586
- Erupting Slime from Steam Powered Family: https://www.steampoweredfamily.com/activities/erupting-slime-a-slime-stem-activity/?fref=gc&dti=758681337504586