Howdy and welcome back to the Armor of God Bible Class Crafts for Kids craft series! If you are checking in for the first time, I am sharing a series of crafts I did with a bunch of 8-year old girls this summer, when I taught ‘The Armor of God’ (Ephesians 6) at summer camp. So far we have made breastplate of righteousness t-shirts, Army of God dog tags, and shoes of the gospel of peace suncatchers. Read on to see how much fun it was to make the helmet of salvation hats.
Armor of God Bible Class Crafts for Kids: Helmet of Salvation Hats
What is so important about the helmet of salvation? What does the helmet protect anyway? These questions were no-brainers (pun intended) for the girls. The helmet protects our head.. our brain. We had a very sophisticated (much more sophisticated than I imagined) discussion about why protecting our head helps ensure our salvation. We talked about how important it is to watch our thoughts and not ‘feed’ on trash that will infect our thoughts, and then our hearts.
As for the craft, I decided to let the girls decorate hats rather than make helmets. They had a blast!
Materials Needed for the Hats:
Affiliate links included for your convenience.
- White canvas hats
- Fabric paint in assorted colors
- Fabric Markers (only if you want the markers. The girls in my class really just used the fabric paint)
How to Make the Hats
Ok, this is almost embarrassingly easy, but so much fun!
- I instructed the girls to use the paint or markers to write something faith-related on the bill of the hat: God, love, faith, peace, etc…
- After that, the girls could decorate the hats any way they wanted to.
- It will take a good day for the fabric paint to dry.
Easy and so much fun! Didn’t they turn out cute?
Check back tomorrow for the next in this series: Shields of Faith wall hangings.
Thanks again for reading and have a great day!