Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
I am so excited today to tell you about my first ever solo giveaway. I know I have participated in group giveaways before but I have never organized one myself. The reason I am so excited is that I have the honor of highlighting a great artist, who just so happens to be my sister! Erin Wetzel, is a great artist and Mommy, who lives in Tacoma, WA. She specializes in fun and whimsical watercolor paintings and accepts commissions to turn a special photographs of you and your loved ones into unique works of art.
This giveaway features an 8×10 sized art print of the watercolor illustration shown above. The giveaway will start 23 November, 2014 at 3PM and run through 3PM on 30 November, 2014, when I will select a winner. In order to enter the giveaway just leave a comment below, telling me one thing you are thankful for this year! If you think this little dear is cute, you should definitely check out Erin’s shop and blog as well. You can find her here:
10 things Sara is thankful for in 2014!
- My family. What can I say? I am totally in love with my family. My honeybear is a great Dad and husband. Sweet Pea is the light of my life, and Kelby is such a good boy. I really am blessed.
- My relationship with God. This has been a year of incredible growth for me spiritually (most of that growth has come about through adversity… ha!) but I am really thankful for the lessons I have learned, and that throughout everything, the impact of God’s blessings in my life have been readily apparent.
- Amazing friends! You know who you are ladies! I seriously do not know what I would do without you. Thanks for all the chats, cups of coffee, shared stories, laughter and tears. I look forward to see how our friendships will develop this next year!
- A fantastic church community. I love the Laurel Church of Christ. They really are like an extended family, especially since our extended family lives so far away from us. This has been a difficult year for our congregation but instead of falling apart, it seems we are pulling together.. just like God intended.
- Grandma, Pee Paw, and Grandpa. Sweet Pea has some amazing grandparents. Now that she is old enough to be more little girl instead of little baby, it is so much fun to see how her relationship with them is blossoming.
- Material blessings. Our family is very blessed. Both honeybear and I have stable, well paying jobs with great benefits. Regardless of work issues that may pop up, I constantly remind myself that I still receive these blessings. I am very aware that many people do not have this peace of mind. I pray that I will find ways to increasingly be more generous with the blessings I have been given.
- Relatively good health. I set out at the beginning of 2014 to start taking better care of myself. It is a huge work in progress. I am a huge work in progress. However, I believe that I am certainly healthier today than I was this time last year. I have no debilitating illnesses, no major stressors. Hopefully more progress will be made in the coming year.
- The wonderful sense of community I enjoy. Regardless of whether it is playing in the Columbia Orchestra, working with Sweet Pea’s childcare center, or gathering a few times a year to make cards at a Stamp Camp, I feel well connected to those around me.
- The fantastic opportunities for families in the Baltimore-DC area. I always knew there were a lot of great things to do in this area. I had no idea just how fantastic the opportunities were though until we started planning fun activities to do with Sweet Pea. From museums and zoos, to local and state parks, to festivals throughout the year, this area has so much to offer families with young children that there is no way to even start to do everything.
- This blog! I had been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a few years but when I decided to take the plunge this summer, I had no idea how passionate about it I would become. So far, I am totally loving this labor of love. I hope that as the blog grows, you– my readers, will grow with me!
Now it is your turn! What are you thankful for this year?
Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to reading your responses and will announce the winner next Sunday night!