Would you like to hear a secret? Amazing desserts don’t always take hours to make. I would love to tell you about the easiest and yummiest dessert ever. When I moved into my very first apartment, I picked up a special interest magazine entitled, Ultimate Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecakes, in the checkout line of the grocery store, and have been making a version of their chocolate chip cheesecake ever since. My copy is so well-used that the cover has worn off. However, this recipe has never failed me through 20 years of potlucks, date nights, girls nights, celebrations, and memorials. The best part is that as delicious as the cheesecake is, it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. That is a recipe any busy Mom would love, right?
Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Inspired by a mid-90’s Kraft magazine recipe book. Click here for Kraft’s official chocolate chip cheesecake recipe and other delicious recipes as well!
What will you need?
- 2, 8-ounce packages of cream cheese. (The original recipe says to soften the cream cheese, but I have always used cream cheese right out of the frig. The one time I ‘softened’ it, I didn’t like the way the cheesecake turned out. Figures.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. 1/2 cup will be used in the cake, 1/4 cup will be used on top of it.
- Oreo Cookie premade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Ok, I love my stand mixer, but I always use the hand mixer for this recipe because it is that easy.
- Add the 2 eggs to the mixture and beat until well blended.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet morsels.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the premade OREO pie crust. Smooth the cheesecake filling until even.
- Sprinkle the remaining chips evenly over the top of the cheesecake. (Note: I used to put way more than 1/4 cup of mini chips on the top. However, I have found that to be overpowering. Just stick with the 1/4 cup. It is more than enough.)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are golden and the center is just about set.
- Cool, cover with Press ‘n Seal wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
This recipe will make 8 generous servings. The pie pieces may look small but since the cheesecake is so rich, the smaller piece is more than enough.
And that is that. Can you believe how easy this recipe is? Neither can I!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have!
For more yummy and easy dessert recipes, check out these ideas!