Dollar Store Coffee Filter Leprechaun Craft For Kids
Make this super cute Coffee Filter Leprechaun Craft for Kids almost entirely from materials you can get at the Dollar Store! A great craft idea for St. Patrick’s Day.
Isn’t this Coffee Filter Leprechaun craft so adorable? This is a great St. Patrick’s Day craft to do with kids because even though it looks complicated, it actually is pretty easy to make. Kids will love seeing how the leprechaun beard becomes orange.
Coffee filters, wooden clothespins and glitter glue from the Dollar Store transform into a mischievous Leprechaun with a bright orange beard!
Click the photo for more information about this super fun activity book!
What you will need:
- Coffee Filters – Dollar Store
- Washable Markers; Orange, Yellow and Red – Dollar Store
- Glitter Glue Gold – Dollar Store
- Wooden Clothespins – Dollar Store
- Craft Paper; Green and Orange – Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Gallon Size Zipper Bag OR Metal Baking Sheet Pan – Dollar Store
- Craft Paint – Pink, Kelly Green and Peach
- Glue Gun
- Water Spray Bottle
How to Make the Coffee Filter Leprechaun Craft:
Flatten round coffee filters, and color completely with orange washable marker. Add in some yellow and red. Place on a gallon size zipper bag or metal baking sheet pan and then mist with a water spray bottle. Set aside to dry.
Once dry, fold orange coffee filter in half. Apply gold glitter glue in a swirl pattern over the entire folded coffee filter. Set aside to dry.
Paint bottom one-third of the clothespin with peach or light pink craft paint. Paint the top two-thirds of the clothespin with green craft paint.
Draw and then cut a mustache shape from orange craft paper with scissors. Attach mustache to bottom of clothespin and wiggle eyes just above using glue gun and glue sticks. Using the end of a paintbrush add a dot of peach craft paint for the Leprechaun’s nose.
Cut a rectangular hat brim from green paper and glue to clothespin where the green and flesh tone paint meet. Draw a square of gold glitter glue above hat brim as a buckle.
Once glitter glue is dry clip the clothespin Leprechaun head onto the coffee filter beard.
Create this Dollar Store Coffee Filter Leprechaun Craft in just about 30 minutes with help from the kiddos! Super cute to clip to a banner or a gift bag for a St. Paddy’s Day treat!
Check Out These Fun Rainbow and St. Patrick’s Day Craft And Activity Ideas Too!
- Dollar Store Cloud and Rainbow Craft Stick Craft
- Kawaii-Inspired Shamrocks Craft
- Rainbow and Pot of Gold Craft
- Leprechaun Hat Craft Stick Craft!
- Jellyfish Rainbow Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Wands
- Leprechaun Bait!
- Leprechaun Paper Plate Craft
- Puzzle Piece Shamrock Wreath Craft
- Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft
- Craft Stick Rainbow Boat
- How to Make Crystal Rainbows
- Rainbow Pancake and Fruit Skewers
- Rainbow Slime!
- Unicorn Paper Plate Rainbow Craft For Kids
- Cereal and Marshmallow Rainbow Necklace
- Rainbow Ribbon Craft