Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
One of the most satisfying things about being a blogger is that I have met so many amazingly talented and lovely fellow bloggers, most of whom are Moms. Before I started this blog, I was tangentially aware that the blogosphere existed, but that awareness typically ended at a facebook share or Pinterest search. I am here to tell you that the blogging community is phenomenal, but there are so many bloggers out there. How do you find quality blogs to follow? Well, on this, my 1 year blogging anniversary, I wanted to act as your personal guide to the blogosphere and share the blogs that resonated most with me this year. Check these 50+ awesome blogs to follow and I hope you love the blogs and the bloggers behind them as much as I have!
Note: Many of the blogs on this list don’t fit neatly into one single category. However, I tried to fit them in the best category. They are all pretty awesome!
50+ Awesome Blogs to Follow: Sunshine Whispers Favorite Blogs Year One!
Art and Craft Blogs
- The Artful Parent– Emphasizing the process of making art. Beautiful!
- Red Ted Art– I love all of the ideas for ‘upcycling’ objects and making cute toys and crafts.
- Crafts by Amanda– So, so creative… and I believe she just published a series on Star Wars crafts!
- Babble Dabble Do– I stumbled on this blog via Instagram and a pasta craft challenge. So many beautiful ideas!
- Art Bar Blog– What a great concept, an art bar!
- Meri Cherry– if I lived in LA, I would totally take as many art classes with Meri as I could!
- MollyMoo Crafts– so many cute ideas… very inspirational
- Craftulate– the paper plate crafts in particular are awesome on this site!
- Crafty Morning– So many great ideas here
- Artsy Craftsy Mom– very bright and cheery craft ideas
- Glued to My Crafts– cute and totally doable ideas
- Fun Handprint Art Blog– just , like the blog name says, if you want to make a cute handprint or footprint craft, this is the place to go!
- Front Porch Inspired– I love every. single. post on this site. Wow!
- A Celebration of Grace– Again, just about every time I read a post on here, I tear up. Absolutely beautiful!
- Mothering From Scratch– a great resource of Christian Woman and Mom articles
- We Are That Family– This blog is a gold standard in my humble opinion.
- Mom’s Morning Coffee– another great Christian Woman and Mom resource
- Joy in My Kitchen– There are so many great and practical faith-based parenting articles on this site
- Pint Sized Treasures– seeing your children through Christ’s eyes.
- Creative With Kids– fantastic ideas, especially for young children
- Beauty Through Imperfection– I love Paula’s heart. Her posts are so touching.
- Your Modern Family– Great posts on spending quality time with your kids, especially when it may not be convenient
- Creative K Kids– I have the honor to team up with Tammy for her Thoughtful Thursday linky party. Her blog rocks!
- A Mother Far From Home– My favorite post is about how your husband doesn’t ‘babysit’ the kids
- Dirt and Boogers– Great ideas for parenting without yelling
- Adventures in Wunderland– a refreshing blog full of awesome ideas!
- The (Reformed) Idealist Mom– This blog is so sassy and fun. I love it!
- Lemon Lime Adventures– This blog is especially great for parents who have kids with sensory issues
- Meaningful Mama– I have shared and pinned many of the posts I have read on here
- Bambini Travel– Erin’s blog is about more than travel, but I am in love with her Instagram feed and her travel ideas with young children
- Walking On Travels– why not travel all over the world with your young children?
- Kidventurous– a fantastic travel resource
- Pit Stops For Kids– because we know the kids are gonna need to stop. ha!
- Suitcases and Sippy Cups– so many great ideas for places to go and how to survive getting there
- Left Brain Craft Brain– science and art mix! yes, please!
- Powerful Mothering– No Sew Quiet Books! Colored Rice! Awesome ideas!
- Toddler Approved– Crafts and activities geared to kids 3 and under
- No Time For Flashcards– crafts and activities for the 3 and under crowd.. and lots of great book recommendations
- Growing Book by Book– books, books, books!
- Teaching 2 and 3 year Olds– I love so many of the ideas on this site!
- Kids Activities Blog– maybe the biggest kid activity and craft blog around. So many great idea
- Happy Hooligans– I want to go to Jackie’s in home daycare just so I can do her crafts and activities!
- Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons– totally awesome fun food ideas with kids
- Spaceships and Laserbeams– crafts and activities that are fun for boys too.. or warrior princesses. 😉
- Hands On As We Grow– so many fun activities to do with your kids
- Learn to Blog Hangouts— my favorite, favorite, favorite! Kelli and Crystal are sooo amazing. Check out their library of hangouts!
- Business 2 Blogger– relatively new but come on– this site is powered by Holly Homer, Paula Rollo, and Becky Mansfield!
- Blog Chicka Blog– so many blog related pins have come from this site.
- Massive Sway Powered by The SITS Girls– a phenomenal blogging resource
DC-Baltimore Area Blogs
- (cool) progeny– Best place for Baltimore related fun activities with your kids!
- Capitol Momma– The photography on this site is absolutely amazing! Her ideas for area activities are awesome as well!
- https://instagram.com/dctravelmom/ Melissa Moore, the DC/MD/VA Guroo for Trekaroo– Melissa’s IG feed is divine!
- KidFriendly DC– a very comprehensive resource on what is going on in the DC area.
I hope this lift encourages you and gives you lots of great ideas for better living and fun ideas for your family.
Thanks for reading!