One of the most satisfying things about being a blogger is that I have met so many amazingly talented and lovely fellow bloggers, most of whom are Moms. Before I started this blog, I was tangentially aware that the blogosphere existed, but that awareness typically ended at a facebook share or Pinterest search. I am here to tell you that the blogging community is phenomenal, but there are so many bloggers out there. How do you find quality blogs to follow? Well, on this, my 1 year blogging anniversary, I wanted to act as your personal guide to the blogosphere and share the blogs that resonated most with me this year. Check these 50+ awesome blogs to follow and I hope you love the blogs and the bloggers behind them as much as I have!
Note: Many of the blogs on this list don’t fit neatly into one single category. However, I tried to fit them in the best category. They are all pretty awesome!
50+ Awesome Blogs to Follow: Sunshine Whispers Favorite Blogs Year One!
Art and Craft Blogs
- The Artful Parent– Emphasizing the process of making art. Beautiful!
- Red Ted Art– I love all of the ideas for ‘upcycling’ objects and making cute toys and crafts.
- Crafts by Amanda– So, so creative… and I believe she just published a series on Star Wars crafts!
- Babble Dabble Do– I stumbled on this blog via Instagram and a pasta craft challenge. So many beautiful ideas!
- Art Bar Blog– What a great concept, an art bar!
- Meri Cherry– if I lived in LA, I would totally take as many art classes with Meri as I could!
- MollyMoo Crafts– so many cute ideas… very inspirational
- Craftulate– the paper plate crafts in particular are awesome on this site!
- Crafty Morning– So many great ideas here
- Artsy Craftsy Mom– very bright and cheery craft ideas
- Glued to My Crafts– cute and totally doable ideas
- Fun Handprint Art Blog– just , like the blog name says, if you want to make a cute handprint or footprint craft, this is the place to go!
- Front Porch Inspired– I love every. single. post on this site. Wow!
- A Celebration of Grace– Again, just about every time I read a post on here, I tear up. Absolutely beautiful!
- Mothering From Scratch– a great resource of Christian Woman and Mom articles
- We Are That Family– This blog is a gold standard in my humble opinion.
- Mom’s Morning Coffee– another great Christian Woman and Mom resource
- Joy in My Kitchen– There are so many great and practical faith-based parenting articles on this site
- Pint Sized Treasures– seeing your children through Christ’s eyes.
- Creative With Kids– fantastic ideas, especially for young children
- Beauty Through Imperfection– I love Paula’s heart. Her posts are so touching.
- Your Modern Family– Great posts on spending quality time with your kids, especially when it may not be convenient
- Creative K Kids– I have the honor to team up with Tammy for her Thoughtful Thursday linky party. Her blog rocks!
- A Mother Far From Home– My favorite post is about how your husband doesn’t ‘babysit’ the kids
- Dirt and Boogers– Great ideas for parenting without yelling
- Adventures in Wunderland– a refreshing blog full of awesome ideas!
- The (Reformed) Idealist Mom– This blog is so sassy and fun. I love it!
- Lemon Lime Adventures– This blog is especially great for parents who have kids with sensory issues
- Meaningful Mama– I have shared and pinned many of the posts I have read on here
- Bambini Travel– Erin’s blog is about more than travel, but I am in love with her Instagram feed and her travel ideas with young children
- Walking On Travels– why not travel all over the world with your young children?
- Kidventurous– a fantastic travel resource
- Pit Stops For Kids– because we know the kids are gonna need to stop. ha!
- Suitcases and Sippy Cups– so many great ideas for places to go and how to survive getting there
- Left Brain Craft Brain– science and art mix! yes, please!
- Powerful Mothering– No Sew Quiet Books! Colored Rice! Awesome ideas!
- Toddler Approved– Crafts and activities geared to kids 3 and under
- No Time For Flashcards– crafts and activities for the 3 and under crowd.. and lots of great book recommendations
- Growing Book by Book– books, books, books!
- Teaching 2 and 3 year Olds– I love so many of the ideas on this site!
- Kids Activities Blog– maybe the biggest kid activity and craft blog around. So many great idea
- Happy Hooligans– I want to go to Jackie’s in home daycare just so I can do her crafts and activities!
- Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons– totally awesome fun food ideas with kids
- Spaceships and Laserbeams– crafts and activities that are fun for boys too.. or warrior princesses. 😉
- Hands On As We Grow– so many fun activities to do with your kids
- Learn to Blog Hangouts— my favorite, favorite, favorite! Kelli and Crystal are sooo amazing. Check out their library of hangouts!
- Business 2 Blogger– relatively new but come on– this site is powered by Holly Homer, Paula Rollo, and Becky Mansfield!
- Blog Chicka Blog– so many blog related pins have come from this site.
- Massive Sway Powered by The SITS Girls– a phenomenal blogging resource
DC-Baltimore Area Blogs
- (cool) progeny– Best place for Baltimore related fun activities with your kids!
- Capitol Momma– The photography on this site is absolutely amazing! Her ideas for area activities are awesome as well!
- https://instagram.com/dctravelmom/ Melissa Moore, the DC/MD/VA Guroo for Trekaroo– Melissa’s IG feed is divine!
- KidFriendly DC– a very comprehensive resource on what is going on in the DC area.
I hope this lift encourages you and gives you lots of great ideas for better living and fun ideas for your family.
Thanks for reading!